8.05.2010

King William District

When I visit San Antonio I always make it to the Riverwalk and the King William District.  They have some of the nicest Historical Homes in San Antonio.  Everytime I go there it seems they have re-done many more homes since my last visit.  I enjoy driving up and down the streets of this neighborhood and imagine myself pulling up into the driveway of some of these old homes.  My dream has always been to re-do an old home, but it just isn't in my budget.  So I'll settle for being able to see and photograph them and hope that maybe one day my dream will become a reality.
 
You'll have to excuse my photography skills...they're not the greatest.

 Here's what I saw....

A pretty white house...I can see myself sipping ice tea on this porch.

You can barely see it but this home had the prettiest shade of blue around the windows.

A Victorian Style home with that same shade of blue on the porch posts.

This little cottage had a lot going for it...
a precious porch, a decorative piece above the window making it the focal point of the home.
The front door seems to have a cornice above it as well.

This home had some beautiful architectural details but very hard to capture on film from the street.

I loved the look of this home with arches flanking the porch.

I had to get a close-up of the wreath.

I absolutely loved this massive column on a home that needed some TLC.

A really cute cafe...

Looks like it used to be a church.

I hope you enjoyed the tour!

Peace and Love~

P.S. If you're in the San Antonio area you must visit this neighborhood. 
Pictures just don't do these homes justice.

15 comments:

  1. Hi. Thanks for visiting. I'm returning the visit :) I just love old architecture and would love to drive thru this neighborhood, but it is too far away. I want to do a similar blog with old homes in Portland, Oregon; but haven't had the camera when in the pretty neighborhoods . . . someday in a future blog.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, what beautiful homes and gardens. When you get that dream home, I'll bring the ice tea :) Have a great weekend, T BTW, Love the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of neat homes, Lisa. Thanks for taking the time to appreciate them and share them. I rarely slow down enough to see such architectural detail. Great tour! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you're in my hood! I recognize many of those lovely homes. :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I've driven through that area myself - we live up near kerrville/comfort. those homes are so beautiful - my favorite one was the cottage.

    now if i could just get that cottage to a beach, i'd move in!!

    thanks for your kind words on my blog post.
    i'll catch up with you later:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are you talking about, you captured the beauty of these homes perfectly!

    I agree with Jan, my favorite is also the smaller cottage style, I could see myself smiling ear to ear every time I drove up :) and how fun is that wreath?

    BTW I really appreciate the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post you did on the King William area. You are correct, Casbeer's was originally a church and then the Church Dinner Theatre for many years, now Casbeer's is a great fit. My husband's family lives in the area and I never tire of a walk or bicycle ride through the area.
    I didn't know about Victoria's so thanks for the photos.
    Smiles,

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow , I love those houses and especially the porhes !
    We haven´t got anything like that here in Sweden .
    Thanks for your kind comment !

    Love/Lotta

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I love those big old lovely homes. My dream is to live in one before my bucket list is done.

    janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! THOSE HOUSES ARE AMAZING!
    SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO LIVE OR TO VISIT...
    THANKS FOR SHARING!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just love neighborhood tours, and you found
    a lovely one! i especially liked the sweet cottage.

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am hoping to take a little trip to San Antonio sometime soon, so I will definitely add this to my list of stops. THanks for posting such beautiful homes.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just late this summer..I found out about King William's district...and am so very anxious to go over and see that area.
    We have not been in SA for over 6 years now. Time to go again.
    So many photo opps there...most especially these lovely, lovely "Victorians".
    Thank you for reminding me...glad you had such a good time.


    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, these are so endearing.I was searching for the right terms. I usually do a double take when I spot historical homes, but never quite stop to take lovely pictures. I was imagining the wreath on the cottage's door:)I must admit they caught my fancy. Thanks for sharing, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Third photo is I love the most.

    "you captured the beauty of these homes perfectly" agreed in full here. :)

    philippine real estate

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message, I enjoy reading your thoughts. Thank You~

Related Posts with Thumbnails